What does 'Royal Mail label will be deducted from buyer's purchase price refund' mean?

I sold an item and the buyer couldn't get it to work.

The next buyer would most probably have the same problem so I've decided to let the buyer keep the item and I'm going to give a full refund.

As the buyer will not be sending the item back to me, I'm wondering what '*Royal Mail label will be deducted from buyer's purchase price refund for amount of £3.25' means?

Will I be paying £3.25 to ebay even though the item is not being posted back to me?

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

What does 'Royal Mail label will be deducted from buyer's purchase price refund' mean?

If the buyer opened a "change of mind" return, which is more or less any reason other than "not as described",  they would have to pay the return postage so the cost of the postage label would be deducted from their refund.    There should be an option to issue refund without return, unless they've changed it.

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

I think ebay put:

'*Royal Mail label will be deducted from buyer's purchase price refund for amount of £3.25'

with an * just to remind you what will happen if the buyer was sending it back.

As the item is not being sent back the £3.25 doesn't count.

I've just completed the return and the £3.25 wasn't deducted.

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent