Server Error….Its us not you

Trying to list my first few items on EBay & want to opt out of business policies....which I did (clicked top right corner opt out) Carried on with listing entered postage etc etc saved for later. When I went back in 30 mins later to review what I had done it was blank on postage & few other boxes I had already filled in & said I needed to apply a policy/policies (like I was still opted in). Now when I try to go in to Business Policies page to see what the problem is it says...Server issue, its us not you!!

Pulling my hair out now as this is my first listing which is hard enough but can't get past this....it has been at leat 2 hours now. I ve logged out & back in. Cleared open pages on laptop...still same .

Any ideas anyone please???

Thank you🙂

Message 1 of 8
See Most Recent
7 REPLIES 7

tobiasd4
Experienced Mentor

Try clearing cache and cookies.

What are you trying to opt out of?

Some policies, like returns, you can't opt out of. 

Message 2 of 8
See Most Recent

I'm trying to opt out of business policies, which i did already. Filled in postage details, then other details like dispatch time, no returns etc. now every time i click on business policy page it comes up with the not you us  server problem. I had filled everything in & saved in listing.

I was trying to get back in business policy page to double check but it won't let me in! Just keep getting the same server error thing!!

i have cleared cache / cookies....no different.

All apps up to date.

Tried speaking to online Bot...no help 

☹️

Message 3 of 8
See Most Recent

App is useless, try website. 

As a business, you have to accept all returns, it is the law.

Have you added bank account as part of managed payments? 

You can't list items until you do.

Message 4 of 8
See Most Recent

I'm using eBay through browser, not app

I thought you did not have to accept returns unless item is not as described or damaged?? Most of the other Vintage Sellers on here do not accept retunrns

Bank Account set up in February all verified by EBay 

I have emailed EBay now but thanks for your suggestions 

Message 5 of 8
See Most Recent

All business sellers have to accept returns, even for pre-owned or vintage items.

This is not just an Ebay 'thing', it is the law.

You have to accept all returns including 'change of mind' reasons for a minimum of 14 days.

You can have a 'buyer pays for returns' policy for change of mind returns.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 6 of 8
See Most Recent

plum993
Experienced Mentor

1. The ebay app is full of errors,so best use a PC if you can or scrap the app and use a browser instead.

2.Your registered as a business seller so need to apply business seller policies to your listings.

3.Have you signed up to ebay managed payments and verified your bank account so you can sell,https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/help/selling/getting-paid/introducing-managed-payments-ebay?id=4795

"The secret of getting ahead is making a start"
Message 7 of 8
See Most Recent

EBay have raised the issue to the Technical Team as this should not be happening on my account.

Message 8 of 8
See Most Recent