Selling

Hi I'm selling for the first  time and I already see that  I have to pay £17 fee so I put my item but 1 day after I decided to remove  as I wasn't your selling it... and yesterday  decided  to sell it again... now I see £34 I have to pay.... I thought you only will pay if you sell it... pls can anyone help  me

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

Selling

I cannot see the item you have removed, but was it by chance a vehicle / boat /  motor cycle?

Then,  the listing fee for those items are charged the second the item goes live,  even if you cancel the listing within minutes.

Listing fees are non refundable, payable sale or no sale.

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

Selling

Only a basic listing is free.   If you use any extras such as a reserve, which you have, there is a charge for that even if item does not sell.   For future reference just make your start price the minimum you want to get.   You could try contacting ebay and see if they will refund the first fee.   You can use the live chat link on here:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/eua?id=5275&mkevt=1&mkpid

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

Selling

plpmr
Experienced Mentor

the chair you have just listed has a reserve on it and you pay the reserve fee even if it does not sell.

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

Selling

It is essentisl when listing items, thst you read everything. For example when using a reserve, it does say "OptionalFEES APPLY". It does mean what it says, there is a 4% fee for using a reserve, only basic listing is free.

When you use a reserve unless the reserve price is reached then there is no sale, but you still pay 4%, that is why you should list at the price you want, then no sale no fee.

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent