Seller saying transport costs more than he charges in post

I recently bought a piece of furniture and paid the delivery costs the seller quoted in the post.  They've now come back and said that the delivery costs will be a lot more. They haven't yet asked for more money but equally seem to be happy to delay until they can find a cheaper courier. I need the item in two and a half weeks at the latest. What should I do if they either delay or ask for more money?  Can they cancel the contract as I would really like th item and have paid for it and (a large) courier fee quoted in good faith. Thanks

Message 1 of 2
See Most Recent
1 REPLY 1

Seller saying transport costs more than he charges in post

plum993
Experienced Mentor

The seller can't ask for more money,only what the order details show.

The seller could cancel the transaction, which would automatically refund you,as you can't make a seller sell only leave the relevant feedback when they won't.Something along the lines of "Seller failed to honour the transaction" so it doesn't get removed.

If they don't cancel,then once the estimated delivery date passes,you can report item not received with ebay here,if you don't receive your item https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/buying/returns-items-not-received-refunds-buyers/get-help-item-hasn't-ar...

"The secret of getting ahead is making a start"
Message 2 of 2
See Most Recent