Returns and refunds

I sold a dress and the buyer sent me a request for a refund,  saying it's not as described because ' it's out of shape as it has been on the coat hanger for too long'.
I replied that it was indeed on a coat hanger but what does it matter- she can wash it or iron it, it's a jersey dress.
Then eBay marked it as 'return accepted'. I didn't actually accept the return! How is this possible, I didn't not press 'accept' 

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

Returns and refunds

*vyolla*
Experienced Mentor

All sellers must accept not as described returns.

Guidance for responding to a return request can be found on this eBay page:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/selling/managing-returns-refunds/handle-return-request-seller?id=4115&st...

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

Returns and refunds

If you want the dress back, you need to go back to the open case and provide a return label.  You will have 3 days to do this or the buyer can ask Ebay to step in and refund them.

A lot of clothing sellers have a 'buyer pays' return policy so that, if the item doesn't fit, isn't quite the right colour etc., buyers can return without opening an 'item not as described' case.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent