Return item not deliverable and not showing on my account

Having a bit of a nightmare with trying to return an item.

I bought a tp-link router that was faulty and had to escalate to Ebay, thankfully they found in my favour. I packaged the item and sent it back but yesterday morning, Royal Mail report that it is being returned to me as the person it was being sent to no longer lives at the address which I find rather convenient.

The problem I have now is that I'm away from home for 3 months and it was originally sent as a click and collect so I'm not sure where it will be returned to!

Also, when I go into the help section on Ebay desktop, the return isn't showing at all, not even as a closed case so I don't know how I'm supposed to get help

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

plum993
Experienced Mentor

You say ebay found in your favour,so is the case still open or closed,and have you received a refund?

Attempted delivery will suffice,as ebay class it the same as delivered to the recipient/seller

Royal mail will return the package to you the  sender if you placed a return address on the package and this can take several days.

"The secret of getting ahead is making a start"
Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

thank you for your reply Plum,

I'm away from home for 6 months so I had it shipped to a collection point up in Scotland. I then returned it using ebay so I personally never put my address on so if it has gone to my house, it can only be because ebay automatically filled my address in.

I still haven't received any refund back from ebay and it's still showing as the case is open.

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent