Return complication

I bought an iphone that doesn't charge and have initiated a return that was accepted by the seller. The seller says he can fix the problem but not return it quick enough for the refund deadline. Can I just wait until it arrives and works before cancelling the return? Or is there another way to allow the seller the chance to repair and return?

Thanks to whoever can help.

Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Return complication

Thanks everyone, your input has been important and very helpful. The seller can't commit to a time for return so we agreed on a refund.

Thanks for the help.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

Return complication

plpmr
Experienced Mentor

buyer protection cannot be extended.

Get a full refund.

Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent

Return complication

Thanks for replying. Does my right to a refund expire when the deadline for the seller to refund passes? I assumed that further action required me to escalate the case to force a refund.

Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent

Return complication

Buyer protection is valid for 30 days from the estimated delivery date,and once you open a case the seller should send you a prepaid return label as "Item is not as described in the listing" and they should refund you within 3 days of getting the item back.

If the seller was to take the phone back for repair, they could easily run you out of time to escalate the ebay case to ebay for a refund,so don't rely on the sellers promises,open a case and get a full refund,and if the seller doesn't refund, then go back into the case details and escalate the case to ebay within 30 days of opening.

Buy elsewere,as there are plenty of good sellers on ebay.

"The secret of getting ahead is making a start"
Message 4 of 6
See Most Recent

Return complication

Thanks for the extra information. If I have 30 days of buyer protection, then it should be safe to wait a couple of days to get the phone back and check it fully. I get your point about many other sellers but I got a good price and it's more hassle for everyone to start again. I'll see if he can give a date for the return before his refund deadline expires and if it's not within days, I'll ask for a refund. Certainly, I won't hold on much longer. Thanks for your help.

Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent

Return complication

Thanks everyone, your input has been important and very helpful. The seller can't commit to a time for return so we agreed on a refund.

Thanks for the help.

Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent