Refund Shenanigans

I bought 2 items but only 1 arrived,the tracking info was incorrect and claimed both had arrived.the seller didn't believe me and neither did eBay so l appealed and eBay decided to believe me and I was emailed to say that I'd had a refund processed which didn't arrive,a 2nd email said the same thing and then a 3rd email claimed a refund had been processed but no refund went to my account and the wording in the 2nd and 3rd emails were somewhat off for a supposed eBay customer service response! It feels like my emails were hijacked as l don't think it was eBay at the other end??? Anyone help🙏

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

Refund Shenanigans

The most important part of that message is who it is from and how it addresses you. That information would show whether it is genuine or not.

How did you pay, refunds go back to source and if you paid by credit card it can take 30 days.

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

Refund Shenanigans

Once eBay notify you the refund is made,  being processed,  then it's not instantly returned to you,  and does go back to original payment source.

If you paid with PayPal it goes back to your PayPal account fairly swiftly.

Paying with a debit / bank card?  Can take up to 12 days to appear back in your bank account.

Credit card payment?  This takes the longest,  up to 30 days to appear back in the card account used.

@mike0666 

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

Refund Shenanigans

As a footnote to your post, it looks as if you made the common mistake of opening an 'item not received' case.

Because the seller could prove delivery, the case was closed and your appeal failed.

If you get an order and part of it is missing, you have to start a return using the Ebay Money Back Guarantee. One of the reasons for starting a return is that your order is incomplete or parts are missing.

Then, the seller can either ask you to return the part of the order that you did receive (they have to pay for the label) and give you a full refund, or they can offer a partial refund to compensate for the missing things from your order.

If you are still within 30 days of receipt and you don't get a refund, you should open a return.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent