Proving postage was added to parcel

Hi, I received a message regarding an Item I sold. The buyer hasnt received the Item as Royal Mail are saying a £5 fee is due as no postage on parcel. I posted with Royal Mail and have proof of postage with tracking, how can I resolve this with Royal Mail and my customer

Message 1 of 13
See Most Recent
12 REPLIES 12

redwick1
Experienced Mentor

How did you buy the postage?.

If you did it at the Post office then ask the seller to email you a copy of the card and you can contact RM and let them know you paid. Stamps have been known to come off occaionally

On the card there is I believe a contact number to pay the excess postage.

You could possob;ey pay the excess and then sort it out with RM

Or send the £5 to the buyer to pay it. I would worry about this as I am sure your buyer is honest but there are some who may just keep the money and not go for the item.

We are just ordinary members trying to help.
Message 2 of 13
See Most Recent

My buyer is asking for a refund, but the real issue is that I can’t seem to find any way of contacting either ebay ( I want to speak to someone) or contacting RM with an issue of this kind. If it was that the item was not received I could claim but I can’t seem to find out anything regarding proving postage was added to the parcel
Sent from my iPad
Message 3 of 13
See Most Recent

They need to open a not received dispute on ebay under the ebay money back guarantee.

No point in contacting ebay as they wont help.

All problems are sorted through a dispute.

What does the tracking on the receipt say?

If it does not say Delivered or Attempted delivery then you will lose any dispute.

If you bought the postage through ebay then the tracking will be on the item automatically

If you bought the postage yourself then you add the tracking to the item in your Sold section and any dispute

You can check the tracking through Royal Mail tracking online.

Ebay CS Chat or Call back

www.ebay.co.uk/help/eua?id=5275&mkevt=1&mkpid

Weekdays lines open between 8 a.m. and 10 p.m.
Weekends they open between 9 a.m. aand 6 p.m.

Message 4 of 13
See Most Recent

I checked Royal Mail online, but when I added tracking details it said m’ no information until Item is delivered’
Sent from my iPad
Message 5 of 13
See Most Recent

That is not good as ebay expect Delivered or Attempted Deliver.

The buyer needs to open a dispute and you need to refund.

Dont leave it to ebay as if they do it you pay the fees and a strike on your account.

If you have tracking and RM are asking for £5 then it will not get delivered unless the money is paid. If it was paid then you would be able to claim off RM with the receipt.

See the RM site for claims.

The buyer can open a dispute one day after the latest esimated day of delivery.

What was that date?

Message 6 of 13
See Most Recent

Posted on 7th June, latest date for me to complete is 19th June
Sent from my iPad
Message 7 of 13
See Most Recent

It is up to you really but I would wait until the buyer opens a dispute which they can do on the 20th.

You could just refund but I would be wary of doing that a if you refund and the item is still with RM then they could pay the £5 and have both the item and the refund with no way of you getting it back.

You could pop into your Post office and see what they say about the surcharge.

I am not sure if they can help but they may point  you in the right direction

The £5 surcharge is for an underpaid small parcel. Is that what you sent?.

Message 8 of 13
See Most Recent

I sent it as a large letter, they have already informed eBay that they haven’t received the item , I just wish it was more straight forward like being able to inform them that postage was added and showing them the proof and then that would clear it up
Sent from my iPad
Message 9 of 13
See Most Recent

Ebay will not accept proof of postage only proof of Delivery or Attempted delivery.

Proof of postage only means you posted it not that the buyer received it.

Message 10 of 13
See Most Recent

My buyer is asking for a refund

I take it that your buyer declined to pay the £5 excess postage, so it hasn't been delivered and they're entitled to claim a refund.

You don't need to speak to eBay. Just explain to your buyer that all refunds have to be made through eBay, so ask them to open an item not received case under eBay's money back guarantee. (I assume it's now past the latest estimated delivery date.)

You then refund them through the case. eBay won't get involved in the postage surcharge, which you need to sort out with the PO. If you put your return address on the parcel it should be returned to you.

Message 11 of 13
See Most Recent

Thank you for your help. Regards Miriam
Sent from my iPad
Message 12 of 13
See Most Recent

Thank you to all that replied to my problem, a lot of good advice which really helped. Thank you.

Message 13 of 13
See Most Recent