Problem with bidding

Message when trying to bid: You are unable to purchase this item due to restrictions from the seller. Please contact the seller for more information. (3008)

Item a post 1WW badge.  I have twice tried to contact the seller, but they have not replied. My score is 919 with 100% feedback.  Is there another way to "wake" this seller up?

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

Problem with bidding

plum993
Experienced Mentor

Sellers can set buyer requirements to stop certain buyers bidding/buying from them,so you may want to find another seller if this one isn't communicating.

A shame really, as the seller can place any potential buyer on there exemption list to allow them to bid/buy.

"The secret of getting ahead is making a start"
Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

Problem with bidding

Thank you plum993. However, this was something I wanted which I may not see again. Do I accept that I am just blocked?

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

Problem with bidding

If you are blocked from bidding, it is likely that messages from you to this seller are also blocked.

Generally, the reasons for blocking are that you have two non-payment strikes on your account during the last 12 months, or you have been in a previous transaction with the seller and they have chosen (for whatever reason) not to deal with you again.

I block bidders who leave lots of negative feedback for sellers but I can see this doesn't apply to you.

Do you have any friends/relations with Ebay accounts who could bid on and perhaps purchase this item for you?

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent