Payment

I posted  a ps5 for sale and its been sold the person told me that he paid on ebay and i got a mail that this person is paid but i dint  get any reciept of the person made a payment or transaction no  but when i contact the buyer he told me he paid but still now it shows me awaiting for payment in ebay website? I dont know what to do

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

Payment

*vyolla*
Experienced Mentor

Sounds like a spoof email, these aren't uncommon. New sellers starting off with listing high value items make for good targets.

Scammers send these in the hope that the buyer won't have the sense to actually look and check to see if there really is a payment there.

After 4 days you can cancel and select the reason as 'buyer didn't pay'. There's a link on this eBay page (it says 4 days but it's 4 x 24hrs after your listing ended before the option to select ‘buyer didn't pay’ appears):

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/selling/getting-paid/resolving-unpaid-items-buyers?id=4137&st=12&pos=1&q...

You'll get a credit for your eBay final value fees.

Add them to your Blocked Buyer List with this link:

http://offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?BuyerBlockPreferences

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

Payment

You must only post an item,  when eBay send you a message to say that the item is sold AND the buyer has paid,  you do not post it if a message says sold awaiting payment.

If eBay haven't sent you a message through eBay's messaging system to confirm this , and it still says awaiting payment, then follow vyolla's instruction as I fear this was a scam email you received.

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

Payment

If the item is still in 'awaiting payment' then the bidder has NOT paid.

Double check by looking at your Payments

As advised, after 5 days, cancel the sale using buyer did not pay.

Block the bidder.

Follow the instructions below to deal with the email that supposedly showed the buyer had paid.

1. Don't click any links in the email or open any attachments.
  2. Forward the message to us as an attachment at spoof@ebay.co.uk.

We'll let you know that we received the email.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent