Payment request for additional delivery charge

Seller has messaged me that they require a further excess payment  of £11 for delivery to my area and have sent a payment request. Where do I access this payment request? I cant find it.

Message 1 of 6
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The only way to claim a refund is to wait until the day after the estimated delivery date and open a case for item not received. 

You can also ask the seller to cancel and refund, but they have to agree to that.  They don't have to agree to the not as received case, they just have to  refund you if you open one.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent
5 REPLIES 5

It is not possible to request more than is shown on the listing, any additional payments have to be made outside ebay, by paypal or bank transfer

However you are not obliged to pay more than it says on the listing, and seller should honour that price.

Message 2 of 6
See Most Recent

The seller has to honour pricing shown at time of purchase by you. There is no means for them to do this, the only possible way is if they have sent a request via paypal? But then how have they got your email address?

Personally its annoying when sellers behave in this way, its their responsibility to ensure postage details are correct at the time of listing.

If it was me, I wouldn't be paying the excess. If the item doesn't arrive after the last estimated delivery date shown to you at purchase, then you will have to open an item not received case.

My business was a finalist in the ebay business awards 2023.
Message 3 of 6
See Most Recent

Thank you for your help. I have decided to ask for a refund.

The invoice is shown as follows       1 item             £20.79

postage          free

vat                     £4.16

order total    £24.95

I am in the UK but presumably seller isn't

Whats my best way to claim the refund to ensure I get the full £24.95 back 

Message 4 of 6
See Most Recent

Thank you for your help. I have decided to ask for a refund.

I dont know if you are able to see the further question re refund that I have put to the first replier?

Message 5 of 6
See Most Recent

The only way to claim a refund is to wait until the day after the estimated delivery date and open a case for item not received. 

You can also ask the seller to cancel and refund, but they have to agree to that.  They don't have to agree to the not as received case, they just have to  refund you if you open one.

Message 6 of 6
See Most Recent