Parcels being sent to my address but they are not for me

I keep getting parcels being deliver to my address which by the looks of the label on the packages they are eBay returns. I started to refuse the parcels from the postman but this doesn't stop the smaller parcels being posted through the letter box. They are all for the same person and obviously a person that doesn't live at my address. 

Does anyone know how to contact eBay directly about this issue to stop it from happening? Is there an eBay contact number or email address?

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

You are probably right about them being Ebay returns.

It is likely that an overseas company is using your address when they have to supply a label for a return rather than pay for the item to be sent to them.

If you google 'business using my address for online returns' then it is recommended that you report it to Action Fraud.  Even if you contact Ebay, they are unlikely to do anything.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

I doubt that with no useful information, that ebay would be any wiser thsn you are.

Returns should be sent by tracked mail, and proof of delivery to your address, even though wrong address, would be sufficient for a buyer to get a refund, so any seller responsible would still end up being forced to refund without getting items back.

Do the parcels have a senders address, if so just mark as not known at this address, and put back in the post.

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent