Order not received MBG 3 or 4 business days?

I have this morning opened a MBG case for an order not received (16/6).

I understood the seller has 3 business days to respond before a case can be escalated.

That would mean they have Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday in my case (17th/18th/19th).

However, the confirmation that the case is open states ebay will step in from the Friday 21st which allows the sender 4 business days to respond. Have ebay changed the rules without updating their information on the website?

Secondly, as the item may turn up during that time can the order be returned as a NID due to being very late? If so who pays the return postage?

Message 1 of 11
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The rules for this changed quite recently,  and you are correct, that an item delivered late, outside the last estimated date for delivery, then the buyer can open a NAD  case,  and the seller has 3 days to refund and they pay for that fully tracked return postage,  if they wish for the item to be returned,  before refunding.

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 11
See Most Recent
10 REPLIES 10

It's all business days on ebay so today doesn't count.   It'll be as if you started it tomorrow and it's 3 complete full days after that so Friday.

If the seller accepts returns you could send it back.   Business sellers have to accept all returns, private sellers don't.     Either way a late order would be classed as a  "change of mind" return where buyer would pay the return postage.

Message 2 of 11
See Most Recent

Re the second part of your reply. Basically you are therefore saying that private sellers can take as long as they like to send an item, irrespective of any dispatch details on their advert, & the buyer will still have to pay for the return? Surely there is a reasonable time limit?

Message 3 of 11
See Most Recent

If they're very late that might be unreasonable but it wouldn't make the item "not as described".    All you could do is mention it in your feedback.

Message 4 of 11
See Most Recent

On a similar thread at the end of March posted on the  community forum

(Postage why do sellers say 2 / 3 days postage but still haven't dispatched a week later,,, drives cr)

two mentors advise that items not dispatched  within the stated time can be returned in a IND case at the sellers expense. Neither mention the business/private scenario.

Am I seeing conflicting advice?

Message 5 of 11
See Most Recent

The item arrived after the latest estimated delivery date

Covered

The return is treated as if the item didn't match the listing.

Have just found the above on the official ebay MBG T&Cs

Message 6 of 11
See Most Recent

Postage can be from the day the seller says they post.

They may have on their listings dispatches by 

So if the selles can have dispatches within say 2 days then it is the postage arrival from then

See the link

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/buying/postage-delivery/estimated-delivery-dates?id=4025

There are some disputes you can open

Not received, Not as Described. or a Return

If an item is not delivered then you open a Not received dispute one day after the latest esimated day of delivery on the listing.

We are just ordinary members trying to help.
Message 7 of 11
See Most Recent

Yes I am fully aware of  the disputes available under the MBG.

My  2nd question relates to whether an order received late, well after the last ETA date, can be returned as a NAD case and, if so,  who pays the postage.

I seem to have conflicting answers.

Message 8 of 11
See Most Recent

The rules for this changed quite recently,  and you are correct, that an item delivered late, outside the last estimated date for delivery, then the buyer can open a NAD  case,  and the seller has 3 days to refund and they pay for that fully tracked return postage,  if they wish for the item to be returned,  before refunding.

Message 9 of 11
See Most Recent

Thank you for clearing up the confusion.

Message 10 of 11
See Most Recent

You're welcome. 

Unfortunatelly,  rules do change from time to time,  and not always announced for one and all to see.

Message 11 of 11
See Most Recent