No views or sale

I have not sold anything in the past month. I am not getting any views. Many things i have listed have not sold from couple of months

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

No views or sale

*vyolla*
Experienced Mentor

It basically all boils down to a) having an item that people want b) a great photo to attract potential buyers to click on your listing and take a further look  c) a competitive price if this is a fixed price Buy it Now listing and d) a title featuring relevant keywords because this is how your buyers will search for your item. 

If your listings meet the above criteria then, to be honest, you're listing items that now have a very small buying audience.

Just a heads up - the multiples of new items you have listed will put you in the business seller bracket, so you may want to upgrade this account to a business one and open another for your own personal items that you're selling off.

A Business seller is someone who buys or makes and item to sell on.  They need to be registered as a business to meet the requirements of UK law. They need to declare income to HMRC once they reach £1,000 worth of sales (eBay will be providing HMRC with your details anyway so it's vital to keep correct accounts for your tax return). You can obviously offset more expenses as a business seller, but can't offset any at all as a private one.  

To correctly register as a business seller simply go to your Personal Information in your account and to the right of Account Type, which will be showing as 'Individual'  you'll see an Edit option.

https://accountsettings.ebay.co.uk/profile

This doesn't affect your feedback profile or any current listings, it merely upgrades your account so that you're legally compliant. 

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

No views or sale

If I wanted to buy the type of item you are selling, I would probably only purchase from a correctly registered business seller with a returns policy that reflected my rights as a buyer.

There has to be trust between a buyer and seller to purchase an item online.  So, if I am looking for a new item, I would only look at items from a UK seller with a business account.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent