Need Advice..

I purchased a New  phone on September 2023..The phone arrived with the wrong battery..I have been in contact with the person who I purchased the phone from..They said there was the correct battery in the post..Im still waiting on the correct battery..This was a Birthday Gift for my daughter..Seeing advice were to go from here,,thanks..

Message 1 of 8
See Most Recent
7 REPLIES 7

Need Advice..

plum993
Experienced Mentor

Never wait beyond the time limit the  money back guarantee process gives you for eligible items, on offer from ebay when things don't go to plan,as it offers you 30 days from the estimated delivery date to make claims,which you have now surpassed,so the seller likely ran you out of time to"

https://pages.ebay.co.uk/ebay-money-back-guarantee/

You could try yur payment provider for help,so your card issuer if you paid that way.

"The secret of getting ahead is making a start"
Message 2 of 8
See Most Recent

Need Advice..

Sadly your seller has given you the run around and fobbed you off. They could never of sent the battery on its own unless connected to the device, as batteries  on their own are prohibited in the mail system.

you need to contact your payment provider altho if that was PayPal you are too late. 

My business was a finalist in the ebay business awards 2023.
Message 3 of 8
See Most Recent

Need Advice..

Thanks for the advice,I didnt know they couldn't send a battery on its own.. Really appreciate information you've told me,Paul..

Message 4 of 8
See Most Recent

Need Advice..

Nice of you to reply,they told me it would take more than 30 days for the correct battery to be sent from China to Glasgow..So there goes my refund.. Should I contact Ebay directly.? Thanks..

Message 5 of 8
See Most Recent

Need Advice..

It is way too late to do anything through Ebay.

The Money Back Guarantee gives you 30 days from receipt to open a return case.

Really, if you ever buy anything and it is not right, your best course of action is to start a return, send the item back for a full refund and buy from a more reliable seller.

Too late this time.

Most payment providers give you 120 days to return an item and even Paypal only give you 180 days.

For a September purchase, nobody is going to help you get a battery or a refund from this seller.

You may just need to buy a battery.

Go to a shop to be on the safe side!

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 6 of 8
See Most Recent

Need Advice..

No,ebay can't help you now as you only get 30 days to dispute a sale basically .

As said above look to recover your money from your card issuer if you paid that way,as items should be received in good condidtion and useable.

"The secret of getting ahead is making a start"
Message 7 of 8
See Most Recent

Need Advice..

Thanks for the advice,never thought I could do such a thing..Thanks again for replying back to me..

Message 8 of 8
See Most Recent