My sales decreased since eBay had offered the 100% no fees on listings.

Hi, is there anyone who can help for this question. Since eBay put 100% no fees or insertion fees. Before this I made around £600 sales per month and now I have only £180. If someone has suggestions how to do. All my listings are completed, I put all the recommendations and more, I also put the additional recommendation. Daily, I revise the price and end some listings and relist them every day between 7 and 8 pm. Thank you in advance for your help. 

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

*vyolla*
Experienced Mentor

You shouldn't be getting that promotional offer - that's for private sellers listing their own personal items such as bits from their wardrobe/loft/garage.

A Business seller is someone who buys or makes and item to sell on.  They need to be registered as a business to meet the requirements of UK law. They need to declare income to HMRC once they reach £1,000 worth of sales (eBay will be providing HMRC with your details anyway so it's vital to keep correct accounts for your tax return). You can obviously offset more expenses as a business seller, but can't offset any at all as a private one.  

To correctly register as a business seller simply go to your Personal Information in your account and to the right of Account Type, which will be showing as 'Individual'  you'll see an Edit option.

https://accountsettings.ebay.co.uk/profile

This doesn't affect your feedback profile or any current listings, it merely upgrades your account so that you're legally compliant. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

*vyolla*
Experienced Mentor

You shouldn't be getting that promotional offer - that's for private sellers listing their own personal items such as bits from their wardrobe/loft/garage.

A Business seller is someone who buys or makes and item to sell on.  They need to be registered as a business to meet the requirements of UK law. They need to declare income to HMRC once they reach £1,000 worth of sales (eBay will be providing HMRC with your details anyway so it's vital to keep correct accounts for your tax return). You can obviously offset more expenses as a business seller, but can't offset any at all as a private one.  

To correctly register as a business seller simply go to your Personal Information in your account and to the right of Account Type, which will be showing as 'Individual'  you'll see an Edit option.

https://accountsettings.ebay.co.uk/profile

This doesn't affect your feedback profile or any current listings, it merely upgrades your account so that you're legally compliant. 

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

Thank you for your answer. I have an issue to change the details into business account and I have to contact ebay support because Itr does not want to change my bank account detail. Issue with login with link account. Thank you I am going to change my account type as business seller. I thought business seller it is only when you suscribe for a shop. Thank you

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

Just for info. both private and business sellers can have a shop, it is really a matter of working out costs as to whether a shop gives any benefit, which in most cases would not benefit a private seller, due to not having sufficient volume of sales.

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

Thank you for this information 

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent