Multiple Sales to one customer, combining postage

Hi, I have sold multiple items to one buyer, billing and posting all as one.

I'm trying to raise the invoice but some items were listed plus postage and some including the postage.

I cannot allow a discount on the invoice format to deduct the unwanted postage costs.

I am a personal seller, not a shop.

Can anyone provide assistance please?

Thank you

Message 1 of 7
See Most Recent
6 REPLIES 6

*vyolla*
Experienced Mentor

Providing the buyer hasn't paid for any of the items, and you use a web browser instead of the app, you can raise an invoice and change the postage price:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/selling/getting-paid/sending-invoices-buyers?id=4139&st=3&pos=1&query=Se...

Message 2 of 7
See Most Recent

Thanks. I have been looking over all of that for seems an age today with no joy, just thought it would be as simple as applying a discount at the end on the invoice. 

The discount box cannot be more than the postage!!! 

I've tried to show below, theoretical numbers.

jada463462_1-1713119420752.png

Message 3 of 7
See Most Recent

It's not possible to discount the item price, the only amount that you can change is the postage price.

Message 4 of 7
See Most Recent

Thanks again.

I guess this is my issue, as the sold price included postage costs. so instead of 2.99 plus 4.00 for post, it was 6.99 inc post, just didn't expect one buyer to buy 29 items!!

as a thought, can I invoice them in full, then refund part to offset, with their agreement of course?

Thanks

Message 5 of 7
See Most Recent

You can refund whatever smount you want, ebay refund the fees on the amount refunded.

This just shows it is unwise to offer free postage,everyone knows there is no such thing, and will discourage buyers of multiple items.

Message 6 of 7
See Most Recent

Thanks again, been really useful knowledge, thanks.

Message 7 of 7
See Most Recent