Member emails with no text showing

I am receiving sellers 'member' emails from ebay which have no text! They do show a  light grey box where, presumably the text is hidden somewhere. How can I fix this in order to read it?? It is driving me nuts - I'm not very tech savvy and get a bit confused with it all.

In the heading they state an - Email template width ... or ... margin, padding - whatever that means!! 

Message 1 of 11
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks tressygirl, no, I don't use the app, and I am on a laptop (I am hopeless with Smartphones and at 78 years old can't see me getting on with them anytime soon!).

I've cleared cache and cookies, and have changed from Bing back to Google - if that doesn't work I guess I could try installing Chrome. Thanks again

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 11
See Most Recent
10 REPLIES 10

Hopefully a tech genius will pop along to explain the ' padding' message.  Sorry,  no idea what that can mean.

Are you using the app?  I don't use it,  but uderstand there's a new update to install, could this be the problem.

Can you switch to a PC / laptop for now,  and use Chrome or Firefox they work best with eBay,  see if that makes a difference.

Then there's always the old ' cure',  of clearing cache and cookies,  see if that helps.

Message 2 of 11
See Most Recent

plum993
Experienced Mentor

I think ebay have been tinkering with email notifications in the last few hrs as errors and corrections are happening!!

"The secret of getting ahead is making a start"
Message 3 of 11
See Most Recent

Thanks tressygirl, no, I don't use the app, and I am on a laptop (I am hopeless with Smartphones and at 78 years old can't see me getting on with them anytime soon!).

I've cleared cache and cookies, and have changed from Bing back to Google - if that doesn't work I guess I could try installing Chrome. Thanks again

Message 4 of 11
See Most Recent

Fingers crossed then that perhaps ebay ARE trying to fix this!!
Thanks for offering me a bit of hope, but not sure that I should hold my breath!!

Message 5 of 11
See Most Recent

Chrome/firefox/edge are all browsers you can use well on ebay,and you can download and use more than one.

If the notification issue has only happened today,then it's likely to be a site issue and may correct itself later.

Come back for more help if the problem continues.

Message 6 of 11
See Most Recent

Unfortunately the issue has been happening for probably over a month now - I had just given up with it, or tried to, but every so often I can't ignore it. Frustrating knowing you've been sent an email, but cannot read it.

I use Microsoft Edge.

Message 7 of 11
See Most Recent

There shouldn't be an issue using the edge browser if you have checked your browser has updated?

I will tag  dave@ebay  for you,see if he can throw some light on it for you

(He may not reply immediately)

Message 8 of 11
See Most Recent

All very strange - I have checked Microsoft Edge and yes, it is up to date. Thank you for your help and tagging 'Dave' - I'll wait to hear from you in due course if there is anything else he can suggest.

Message 9 of 11
See Most Recent

Thanks for the tag @plum993 

Hi @cwall34 

I haven't seen this error myself but Ill escalate it to Tech to review. Would you mind sending me a screenshot of the error so I can attach it to the report.

Thanks,

Dave

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 10 of 11
See Most Recent

Hi @cwall34 

Thanks for the screenshots, Ive escalated them to be reviewed. 

There is currently an issue with BT accounts not receiving emails at all so it might be related to this.

Ill let you know as soon as I hear back from Tech.

Thanks,

Dave

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 11 of 11
See Most Recent