Iten Damaged in transit

Hello I wonder if anyone can give me some advice please.There is a note on the tracking information that an item i sent to a buyer is damaged in transit and cant be delivered. It was from evri. So basically the item never arrived with the buyer.

I've tried 2 days now to raise evri (hermes) And there just isn't a phone number to ring them.And i'm not sure what to do.

I can't raise a return's request as obviously the buyer never received it. I've also been trying to speak to ebay but they only have the automated chat I'm just keep telling me to raise a return but I can't as the item never arrived . I don't feel I should be out of pocket for something that evri have done?

Thank you 

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

Iten Damaged in transit

You are correct you shouldn't be out of pocket,  but neither should the buyer.

Inform the buyer of the information you received, ask them if the item doesn't arrive within the estimated delivery dates,  for them to open a case for item not received.  If it does arrive damaged,  they need to open one for item not as described.

You need to accept and fully refund through those case details, within 3 days.  That way your seller fees are refunded,  and your seller performance not affected.

I'm afraid it then is a battle between you and Evri to try and reclaim compensation for yourself.

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

Iten Damaged in transit

red_magpie
Experienced Mentor

I don't feel I should be out of pocket for something that evri have done?

You need to understand how eBay works. Their procedure for this situation is clarly explained in their money back guarantee, see: https://pages.ebay.co.uk/ebay-money-back-guarantee/

It's basically quite simple. If the buyer doesn't receive their item, or it arrives damaged, they open a case under eBay's money back guarantee.

You follow the procedure explained in the guarantee, respond within three working days to ageee the refund (and send them a prepaid return label if the item arrived damaged). eBay will then process the buyer's refund, and you will receive an account credit for your selling fee.

I'm afraid that sorting out the problem with Evri or trying to claim compensation from them will be up to you - and good luck! It was your choice to use Evri, last year rated by Ofcom as having the lowest customer satisfaction rate of any courier.

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

Iten Damaged in transit

plum993
Experienced Mentor

The buyer should be able to view the tracking details to, if you uploaded them at the point of posting out,and it's for the buyer to open a not received case,then you refund them in full within 3 days of the request.

To claim from evri,see here,but be warned many items are not covered by evri for any damage.Contact Us | Evri,

"The secret of getting ahead is making a start"
Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent