Items being "returned" to me which I have no knowledge of

I have a limited company which I use for non-eBay work. Over the last several months, I've had at least 5 separate items 'returned' by post to my business name and address by buyers - particularly things like shower screen fixings but also some other items.

I have no knowledge of these transactions, and eBay support don't seem interested. Is there any way I can stop the items coming to me, or someone apparently using my business name and address for eBay trading?

Message 1 of 7
See Most Recent
6 REPLIES 6

tobiasd4
Experienced Mentor

Some ebayers have similar issues.

I think non Uk sellers find addresses in UK or returns to be made to instead off paying ffor international postage.

Can't see why they don't just refund without return.

Your buisness address is easy to find.

Message 2 of 7
See Most Recent

You cannot expect ebay to get involved in something they know nothing about and they have no control over. 

Message 3 of 7
See Most Recent

The gov.uk site suggests reporting somebody using your company name and address to Action Fraud.

You can ring them or make a report online.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 4 of 7
See Most Recent

Thing is, in some cases I know the buyer's ID as it's on a returns slip with a product description. They could look up the transaction ID and deal with the seller, no?

Message 5 of 7
See Most Recent

Ah, that's interesting. Thanks. Kinda makes me wonder why they picked my business out of the hundreds and thousands out there, but sounds plausible.

Message 6 of 7
See Most Recent

It certainly is worth a try,see here and contact ebay in the mornings,https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/eua?id=5275&mkevt=1&mkpid

Weekdays: 8 am-10pm
Weekends: 9 am-6pm.

"The secret of getting ahead is making a start"
Message 7 of 7
See Most Recent