Issue with colour of item - Now requesting refund

Hi

I've never had any issues with the items I sell.. however I have now been sent a message from a buyer requesting a refund because the colour of the trousers I had advertised were not beige, as I had listed them but gray!! Within my advert I had provided photos, they show the colour... Where do I stand with this one?

5608EDDC-283D-4C0F-830C-C86604C40F2B.jpeg00ED8E84-FD73-48D1-9E4B-56F53091F77D.jpeg

Message 1 of 2
See Most Recent
1 REPLY 1

Issue with colour of item - Now requesting refund

If the buyer opens a return case through Ebay, then Ebay will take their side and expect you to provide a return label and then refund your buyer.

They won't see the item and in a 'difference of opinion' situation, the buyer usually wins.

As they were a fairly low cost item, it may not be worth paying for the label to get them back.

It may be worth having returns allowed on your clothing sales.  At least that way, if a buyer doesn't really like the item or it isn't quite what they expected, the buyer would have to pay return postage for 'change of mind' returns.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 2 of 2
See Most Recent