How to close case after threats from seller

Anonymous
Not applicable

Seller has threatened and sent abusive messages after I asked if the item can be delivered by date shown in listing. They can't deliver because they are away for 2 weeks.. so I opened a case I asked eBay and because the seller got aggressive I asked them to close the case & refund but they have said to wait until 7th Nov.. just wondering, considering how rude the seller is how to get eBay to handle this faster? 
thanks 

Message 1 of 7
See Most Recent
6 REPLIES 6

Sorry,  no it cannot be handles faster.

Opening cases they are all automatic, no human contact,  and they work to timelines to the second.

3 x 24 hour periods have to pass before that option appears for you to escalate to eBay.

If the messages become threatening you need to print these off and take them to the Police.  They won't act on name calling or abusive wording,  but they will take  personal threats  seriously. 

Message 2 of 7
See Most Recent

There is an option to both report and block messages received through your Ebay messages.  Click on the message them choose 'action' from above the message.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 3 of 7
See Most Recent

Just to add that the "Action tab"  only shows and available when you want to block/report "Member messages" 🙂

"The secret of getting ahead is making a start"
Message 4 of 7
See Most Recent

Is that so we can't block messages from Ebay?!

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 5 of 7
See Most Recent

@jckl1957 wrote:

Is that so we can't block messages from Ebay?!

More than likely 😉

"The secret of getting ahead is making a start"
Message 6 of 7
See Most Recent

plpmr
Experienced Mentor

adding to the advice already given -

Unfortunately if the seller knows the rules they could get your neg feedback removed.

Message 7 of 7
See Most Recent