How do I get in touch with eBay?

I am being told I need to pay fees for an item that never sold. I can't get in touch with eBay to tell them. I'm not paying fees for a transaction that never happenes. Also what the hell has happened to Ebay that I can't get in touch with them and have to rely on a furom to find answers. 

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

Fees for the car which the buyer never came and paid for?

You will not be able to receive back your listing fee,  these are non refundable,  payable sale or no sale.  Same if you listed your car in your local paper,  and it didn't sell,  the paper would not refund you your advertising fee.

You can though, receive back your seller fee,  proceed this way:

eBay allow a buyer 4 business working days to pay you, they also send the buyer a reminder after 48 hours to pay.

Then, if there is still no payment when this time lapses, proceed this way.

On My eBay Selling go right of the item sold and from More Actions select Cancel this Order selecting the reason .... Buyer Has Not Paid.

If you are on the Seller Hub, go to your Payments tab near the top of your eBay homepage, from there select All transactions. Click on the highlighted item number go far right and from the big blue button down menu there, select Cancel this Order as above.

This gives the buyer an unpaid item strike, they are only allowed one.

If they keep gaining these strikes, eBay will remove them permanently, from their site.

Cases are very effective.

You have listed your car again, so block that bidder in case they return,  do so here:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/bmgt/buyerrequirements

@jacksall2008 

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

tobiasd4
Experienced Mentor

If it ws the car, you cancel after 4 days "buyer didn't pay",

this gets selling fees back.

BUT, you won't get listing fee back & as you relisted car, you pay this fee again.

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

red_magpie
Experienced Mentor

You accepted eBay's fees in the user agreement so you need to know what they are. This would prevent you from getting a nasty surprise when you get charged for something you were not expecting!

Unlike most items sold here, eBay charges a non-returnable listing fee for motor vehicles, whether they sell or not. Ditto some optional extra listing features, such as a reserve price.

You can find full details here: https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/fees-private-sellers?id=4822&st=3&pos=1&qu...

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

plpmr
Experienced Mentor

You actually encourage time wasters by having in your listing -

“Please do not bid if you can't buy. Do not turn up without the correct funds. Do not bid if you are not buying! Anyone with a fewer than 10 feedback need not bid. I'm m open to offers PM me.”

It also might catch eBay's attention.

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent