Help

I paid cash on collection today,then found I had already paid on PayPal.   The seller cannot see the PayPal payment... So I've paid twice. 

Q...how do I get my PayPal payment refunded?

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

Help

plum993
Experienced Mentor

If the pay pal payment hasn't been claimed so still pending you can cancel the payment from your pay pal account and the activity tab in there.

"The secret of getting ahead is making a start"
Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

Help

red_magpie
Experienced Mentor

It's more complicated than you realise.

When you pay by PayPal you don't pay the seller, you pay eBay. Once eBay has received the payment they notify the seller to dispatch the item. eBay then pays the payment, less their selling fee, into the seller's nominated bank account. For security reasons eBay holds new sellers' payments for up to 21 days. If they can provide eBay with tracking evidence of delivery this may be reduced.

Once a payment has been made to eBay there is no practical way of getting it back. If the seller was to cancel the sale at your request your payment would be refunded, but so would the seller's selling fee - this would be fee evasion. I wouldn't advise trying this, if it was that easy to get eBay's selling fee back some sellers would be doing it all the time! You would also lose the protection of eBay's money back guarantee if you cancel the PayPal payment, because payment by cash isn't covered.

Once your PayPal payment has reached the seller through eBay's system it would be easier and better for both of you if they repay your cash payment. This can't be done through eBay, but you could return it without fees by using PayPal's family and friends payment option.

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent