Funds on hold

I recently sold a new iPhone for £975. I posted the item, tracking shows it as delivered, the buyer left good feedback - including photos of him holding the phone; but eBay won't release my funds (£845) until thirty days after delivery. I know this is the first high value item I have sold, but proof that the item was delivered and the buyer is happy, couldn't be any clearer. I had the chance to sell it locally for cash, for £800, only £45 less than I will receive from eBay, and I would've got the money instantly. To say I'm disappointed is an understatement, I wasn't informed when I listed the item that I would have to wait a month to receive my money. If I'd been informed of this I would've definitely sold it locally, and will do so - with high value items - in future.

Message 1 of 2
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Funds on hold

As a new seller, the hold for 30 days is probably a security measure, as even though buyer has received, they can still open a return case for not as described to get a full refund.

If this happened and you had received and spent the money, would you have been in a position to refund? This is a risk that ebay no doubt holds money for.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
See Most Recent
1 REPLY 1

Funds on hold

As a new seller, the hold for 30 days is probably a security measure, as even though buyer has received, they can still open a return case for not as described to get a full refund.

If this happened and you had received and spent the money, would you have been in a position to refund? This is a risk that ebay no doubt holds money for.

Message 2 of 2
See Most Recent