Ebay refusing to list a Louis Vuitton Handbag and Purse saying it's counterfeit ....

Hi, I am trying to sell a vintage handbag and purse from Louis Vuitton. I purchased these items from the Louis Vuitton store in Zurich so I know that they are genuine. Ebay will not list them though telling me they are fake. How can i contact them to discuss this. Anyone else having this problem? I have sold many items over the years with Ebay and first started selling items through them in 2008.... they can see from my feedback that I am a valid and good seller so i really do not understand why they are doing this...

Also i think i may have to look at another site and thought of Vestiare.... any feedback on this company ?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 2
See Most Recent
1 REPLY 1

Ebay refusing to list a Louis Vuitton Handbag and Purse saying it's counterfeit ....

The only thing unfair is the way that message is written.  The claim the item is 'not authentic'  is not explaining the true issue here.

High brand items are protected by Vero Regulations and policies.  It was the brand owner, not eBay who asked for the removal of your item. 

There are so many fakes of high brand items and impossible to check authenticty for online items,  even receipts can be faked, I know, my work took me to the Far East for decades , and fake receipts  made there, are impossible to tell from the real deal.

You may well see identical items listed,  the site is massive over 7 billion + listings on at any one time, so not possible to check every listing, and some slip the net and become listed.

Your item has been reported do not relist it,  you would face serious selling restrictions.

You can read about Vero's policies from a link at the bottom of most eBay pages, or from this link:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/listing-policies/selling-policies/intellectual-property-vero-pr....

Sorry,  I have no knowledge of the other company you mentioned.

Message 2 of 2
See Most Recent