Delivery refused then lost on return

I sent a parcel back in January which the Royal Mail tracking shows was refused, three times on three consecutive days, at the delivery address. which I understand was a shop local to the buyer. The tracking  says it was "Refused - returned to sender". However over two months  later I haven't received it back and I think we can assume it's been lost.  I wrote to Royal Mail but they say it isn't their problem as they tried to deliver it and can't or won't take any responsibility for it (apparently) disappearing on the way back. I know the address was correct as I printed a label. The buyer is now asking me for a refund, but I feel I did everything correctly so shouldn't be penalised.  What's the position here does anyone know?

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

The buyer is too late to claim a refund through Ebay and you are too late to claim from Royal Mail.

I would message the buyer to say that you are sorry they didn't get their item but there is nothing you can do.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

Buyer might try their payment provider, but refusing delivery should count against him.

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent