Delay from Royal Mail and refund

Hi! Does anyone know what the procedure is for the next case? I had an order from a customer on 16.03.2024, on 19.03.2024 I delivered it by Royal Mail with a delivery time of maximum 3 days. Even today it has not reached the customer, but on 26.03 the client submitted a request for refund. At the post office we were told that we have to wait 5 days after the 3 given by them. What do I do in this case? Tomorrow I have to refund the money to the customer and the package is somewhere in the delivery.

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

If the buyer opens a case for item not received,  and tracking has not shown delivery or attempted delivery then you must refund your buyer through those case details within 3 days.  That way your seller fees are refunded to you,  and your seller performance is not affected.

If the item is still missing after 10 days,  use your proof of posting to claim compensation for yourself from Royal Mail.

Should the item reach the buyer after you have refunded them,  nothing you can do through eBay but need to ask your buyer to repay you by cheque bank transfer a PayPal Friends and Family payment whichever suits you both best. 

Nothing to enforce them to repay you,  but most people are honest and would not want an item for nothing.

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

plpmr
Experienced Mentor

if you don't refund and the buyer escalates the case eBay will force the refund and you will lose your selling fees and get a damaging defect on your account.

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

Was there a 16 digit code on the proof of posting you got? If you put that into the rm tracking section what does it say?

My business was a finalist in the ebay business awards 2023.
Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

it say : An update will only be provided when we attempt to deliver your item. 

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent