Counterfeit goods on ebay

There are a lot of computer products on ebay that are clearly counterfeit.  The storage drives that I have been looking at have ridiculous capacites (10+ Tb), when the maxumum technical available is 2Tb.  outside this, there are a range of Toshiba supposedly 4Tb drives, I bought one but am having it replaced.  The product sent is counterfeit, the weight is wrong, inside is a flash chip.  I avoid the cheap products because they area obviously counterfeit but some of the other product is bad too, even though it comes in a Toshiba box

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

I am afraid that eBay has to rely on reports, using the report link on every listing.

The majority of buyers and certainly eBay staff are unlikely to have the technical knowledge to know from a description that an item is a fake.

That is why eBay provide the 30 day money back guarantee, but it is up to buyers to open a not as described case., and leave negative feedback. Once over the 30 days, if buyer realises they have a fake, then they need to contact their payment provider.

Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

red_magpie
Experienced Mentor

Did you read eBay's warning in the user agreement, that "they do not guarantee the existence, quality, safety or legality of items advertised, or the truth or accuracy of descriptions"?

Buying on eBay isn't like the shops. You can't say that you were not warned. If items are not as described you can use eBay's money back guarantee.

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent