Contacting Customer Support

Hi folks,

I need to speak to someone about refunding a buyer.  I recently sold something and, when packing up, noticed a very slight defect which I hadn't remembered to mention in the listing.  I offered buyer a refund, which they accepted and followed the instructions to set this in motion.  I had confirmation from eBay to say that it was successful, that a refund had been made and that there was nothing further I needed to do.  

Yesterday (6 days later) I received a sniffy message from the buyer, asking me when I was going to refund her.  I wrote and apologised, telling her that, as far as I was aware, it had been sorted.  I checked my bank account, though,  but no money has been taken out to refund her.  I tried virtual chat , then phoning (both of which were a total waste of time, especially as it said that customer support was closed - I phoned at 6.15pm last night).  Can you still email ebay?  I can't find an address.  I am mystified as to what has gone wrong here.  

Thank you for persevering and hope someone can help.

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If eBay have told you that a refund has been successful then it has been and will come from any available funds in the Available section of your Payment Summary.

See here:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sh/fin/transactions

Your buyer may be looking in the wrong place for their refund,  and it's not done immdiately.

Explain to them it goes back to original payment source,  if they paid with PayPal it goes back to their PayPal account fairly swiftly.

Paying with a debit / bank card?  Can take up to 12 days to appear back in their bank account.

Credit card payment?  This takes the longest,  up to 30 days to appear back in the card account used.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

If eBay have told you that a refund has been successful then it has been and will come from any available funds in the Available section of your Payment Summary.

See here:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sh/fin/transactions

Your buyer may be looking in the wrong place for their refund,  and it's not done immdiately.

Explain to them it goes back to original payment source,  if they paid with PayPal it goes back to their PayPal account fairly swiftly.

Paying with a debit / bank card?  Can take up to 12 days to appear back in their bank account.

Credit card payment?  This takes the longest,  up to 30 days to appear back in the card account used.

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

Thank you,very helpful and much appreciated.

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

You're very welcome.

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent