Collection returns

I brought a petrol lawn mower and paid through eBay 

Due to it being faulty I've raised a return. How do I go about getting the seller to arrange the return as eBay keeps offering me postage labels and doesn't mention a collection return.

I have messaged the seller but haven't had a response to arrange the return to be dropped off to them. I'm worried if I do take it back how do I get my money back as it won't trigger I've sent it via post for the refund .

what if the seller doesn't respond before the return cut off date for me to return the mower?

Message 1 of 2
See Most Recent
1 REPLY 1

Collection returns

red_magpie
Experienced Mentor

eBay's money back guarantee doesn't include collection. The seller is required to send a prepaid return label. If it doesn't cover the weight you need to contact eBay customer support.

Seller collection of returns is risky for the buyer as the buyer will have no tracking record, as eBay requires to confirm items have been returned.

Petrol lawn mowers are tricky. It will need a courier. They will probably require all petrol to have been drained.  You may also need to drain the oil, unless the courier can undertake to carry it the right way up. (Mine was delivered upside-down, and everything in the box was flooded with oil!)

Message 2 of 2
See Most Recent