Clarity on Taxidermy

Good afternoon,

So I made a listing to sell a taxidermy barn owl yesterday (22/4) but the listing was removed due to "You listed an item from a species of bird that is protected by the Migratory Bird Treaty Act. We appreciate that you chose to utilize our site, but we must ask that you please not relist in this case."

Two things I'd like to just clarify here. Firstly, surely this act only covers America?

Secondly, there's a listing of a barn owl currently active (186358742152). So far as I can see, there's no difference between their listing and mine. A barn owl is a barn owl, no? I'm not looking to relist necessarily, I'm just after clarity.

Kindest regards,

Will

Message 1 of 2
See Most Recent
1 REPLY 1

Clarity on Taxidermy

plum993
Experienced Mentor

It has previously been said that some species are US based,so all you can really do is research,but the ebay policy will still remain if listing on ebay, and has to be adhered. Animal products policy | eBay

Ebay can't police the whole site so some listings that break policies will remain until reported,and anyone can use the report option found on every listing page.

"The secret of getting ahead is making a start"
Message 2 of 2
See Most Recent