Chinese sellers pretending to be UK sellers why does Ebay allow it?

Why does Ebay allow fake UK sellers to pretend they are based in the UK and the items they sell are in the UK but once I buy the item I get messages from a Chinese seller asking me to be patient as they are obvioulsy posting the item from China and they just waste so much time with their lies and deceptions.  

I have lost count the amount times this has happened and ebay just seems like a platform for scammers and time wasters.

Message 1 of 5
See Most Recent
4 REPLIES 4

Many Chinese sellers have depots in the UK so they can facilitate a faster dispatch.  To see where the seller is actually registered go to their feedback profile for place of registration.  The item however,  if it's a UK location,  must be posted from the UK.

If the item location states UK and the seller then says it is coming from China and will take ** weeks to arrive,  then this is a breach of the rules,  and you can report that listing for mis reporting .  There is a report button down the right hand side of every listing.

@scot-supplies 

Message 2 of 5
See Most Recent

papso22
Experienced Mentor

To add, you can also open  a case for item not received the day after Ebay's estimated delivery date which should be based on UK dispatch, and even a case for item not as described if it arrives late.

Crucially,  check the country of registration on the feedback page and avoid any registered in China.

Message 3 of 5
See Most Recent

Hi

Thanks for the info and I will report the seller that do this from now on.

Cheers

Message 4 of 5
See Most Recent

Hi

Thanks for the info and I check that on the listings from now on.

Cheers

Message 5 of 5
See Most Recent