Can’t pay with PayPal credit!

Whenever I purchase an item on buy it now I am given a choice of how to pay.   I prefer PayPal credit.. If I make a bid on something and the offer is accepted they automatically take from my bank account without any choice. I have tried to alter my settings but there is no option for PayPal credit to add on, only credit or debit card.

Am I missing something I should be doing.

I might add this has only occurred in the past few months, so not sure why it has changed. I haven't touched my setting. The eBay adviser said it's because the law has been changed. I said in that case why isn't buy it now affected.

Message 1 of 2
See Most Recent
1 REPLY 1

Can’t pay with PayPal credit!

Nope,  you haven't changed anything,  but you are correct it has happened only in the past few months,  as eBay has introduced this feature .

When buyers make / accept an offer now,  an immediate payment is made,  this is introduced  to stop the many non payments sellers were experiencing.

Whilst the idea is good  ' on paper',  it's not without it's failings,  that is,  you cannot select a payment method of your choice,  no click and collect can be added ,or combining postage to name but a few.

To be fair sellers were not told of this either,  and some / most,  probably still do not know they have been opted into this.  Only a seller can deselect this option.

All I can suggest is before you make accept an offer , is to message the seller to see if they are opted into this , can they opt out for you,  so you can select a different payment method at eBay checkout.

Message 2 of 2
See Most Recent