Buyer that consistently leaves negative feedback

I recently sold an item and posted it. The buyer stated that parts were missing (untrue) and

asked for a part refund. His list of missing parts was so long and he demanded part refund

and told me he didnt want to have to leave bad feedback

So I looked at his ' feedback left for others' , and i was apalled to find he has left negative feedback

for most of his purchases

Even though i agreed to a full refund he has left me bad feedback

I realise i can probably get that removed but he should be reported and i cant get past the automated assistant and the options offered are not relative to the problem, any ideas ?

Message 1 of 2
See Most Recent
1 REPLY 1

Buyer that consistently leaves negative feedback

Ebay are unlikely to remove the feedback.  they seem to be taking a hard line on this and, if they consider feedback is the 'buyer's opinion', they are unlikely to change it.  Sorry!

One of the things your bidder did was pretty close, in my opinion, to feedback extortion.  This is not allowed.

You can report the buyer for that specific thing this way:

What is the policy?

Buyers aren't allowed to:

• Threaten to use Feedback or detailed seller ratings (DSRs) in an attempt to force sellers into meeting their demands. For example, buyers can't threaten to leave negative Feedback unless the seller pays for return postage, when the seller's return policy in the listing didn't state free returns

Sellers aren't allowed to:

• Demand that buyers take actions related to Feedback in order to receive their purchased items, such as requiring a buyer to leave positive Feedback and high DSRs before they'll dispatch the order
    • Offer refunds or other monetary compensation, or additional items or services that weren't part of the original listing, in exchange for buyers leaving specific Feedback or revising negative or neutral Feedback

If you believe that a member might have breached this policy, you can report the buyer - opens in new window or tab or report the seller - opens in new window or tab to let us know.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 2 of 2
See Most Recent