Buyer hasnt received the item

Buyer hasnt received the item as Post Office are holding it because of insufficient postage. They want a fee 0f £5, meanwhile the buyer contacte Ebay before contacting me and have asked for a refund, I am happy to refund them £5 so they can collect the item, but will ebay still expect me to fully refund them and automatically refund them if I dont refund in full? I want my refund of £5 to be the end of this otherwise I am completely out of pocket because I forgot to put a return address on the parcel so it wont come back to me

Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

tobiasd4
Experienced Mentor

If buyer has opened item not received case, you have 3 days to refund all money as you can't prove delivery. 

It is possible that buyer may then pay the £5.00 and collect item.

Ebay won't get involved Once case is closed. 

1 lesson to learn is always put return address on parcel.

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

red_magpie
Experienced Mentor

If your buyer has opened a case and already escalated it for eBay to step in there is nothing you can do. eBay will automatically enforce a refund and you will be penalised with an account defect. You won't have to send the buyer £5, but as you didn't put a return address label on the parcel you won't get your item back.

If the buyer has opened a case but not yet escalated it, you can still resolve it if they agree to accept the £5.00 to collect it, and then close the case. (In any case, when they accept it the tracking should update to a "delivered" status anyway). I trust that you uploaded the tracking number to eBay after posting? If not, do so now.

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

Your other option is if it's a tracked item pay the fee on the Royal Mail website. However you also need to work with your seller too to ensure they don't escalate the open case.

My business was a finalist in the ebay business awards 2023.
Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent