Buyer didn’t read my listing properly

IMG_1801.png

I listed 3 drones named drone job lot. I clearly stated it was £15 each/ the actual job lot £45. A buyer didn't not understand this and bought thinking he's getting 3 good drones and free shipping for only £15. Then he wants a return even though I don't accept them. I agreed since it was a human error from his side. Then I tell him to pay the return shipping amount but he then tells me for me to pay it. I told him I'm not obliged to accept your return but I did this out of good will but now he wants ME to pay because of his error. Note that I spent £3 on shipping it to him. If I pay return shipping amount that's another £3 and if I resell that's another £3. So in total it's £9 and I probably won't make money back after eBay fees if I resell for £15. What should I do??

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

You sold this as a 'job lot' - that suggests multiple items - and several of your pictures show 3 items, for a cost of £15.

You wrote the listing so you will think it is clear that you will only get one.  I think I would expect to receive all 3.  Your listing says 'only 3 available', 'all working'.

If you sent only one drone and the buyer has opened a case through Ebay because they expected three, then you will need to provide a return label, refund the buyer when you get the item back, and then relist the drones properly: that is, separately as single, individual items.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

red_magpie
Experienced Mentor

I'm sorry, but I don't have time to be tactful at this time of night.

I'm afraid you made a complete mess of the listing. You listed this under the Wholesale and Job Lots category. It was listed as a job lot of drones and the buyer is entitled to receive the three drones for £15.00. You can't split a job lot into single items once listed as a job lot. Saying they were £15.00 each is meaningless as they were specifically advertised as a job lot.

This is your first sale on eBay and you don't want to start your selling career with negative feedback and possibly penalties from eBay. You should send the buyer the other two drones and just write it doen to experience.

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent