Breach of my privacy!

I sold a pair of vintage trainers to a buyer who thought the were brown! In my listing they were listed as Grey/Silver in the pictures they are Grey and Silver! He kicked off saying how can I sell something where the photos and description are so different! Threatened a bad review! Calling me colour blind need to go to opticians! 😂 I retaliate and called him an idiot! He then replied Poor guy I will buy you! Really sure! 😂 then ranted he about Italy beating England in the Euro final! 😂. Obviously I told him a few home truths which he didn't like. He then left me negative feedback but within the feedback he posted a photo of our conversation where I called him an idiot! Firstly the guy from Italy clearly wants the trainers for free! But Isn't it illegal  to post a screenshot of a private conversion between the buyer and myself onto eBay without my permission? It is a breach of my privacy. I have contacted eBay asking for the feedback to be removed especially the photo of the screenshot of the conversation! But eBay seems to think everything is in order! I have contact led a number of times and each time they are saying it is ok! I really think they are not looking into this properly or looking at the legal implications! Help? 

Message 1 of 7
See Most Recent
6 REPLIES 6

Breach of my privacy!

redwick1
Experienced Mentor

You never get into a confrontation with a buyer and especially exchanging insults.

If they had a problem with the item then they open a Not as described dispute and you send a pre paid label for the return (you would have to sort out if it was overseas) Once you have the item back you refund in full.

If you feel it not worth having them back then you can just refund. 

Ebay would almost always go with  buyer in a dispute.

If you have tried to get it removed then try again.

You may be lucky but nothing you can do if ebay wont remove it. Not many would see it anyway.

The feedback does not give any personal information away which is what a breach of privacy would apply

We are just ordinary members trying to help.
Message 2 of 7
See Most Recent

Breach of my privacy!

You seem to be asking for legal advice.

This is a member to member forum and, while we all try to help with Ebay questions, I don't think anybody who responds here is qualified to advise on the law.

"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (1813 - 1855)
Message 3 of 7
See Most Recent

Breach of my privacy!

The feedback posted reads:

The item doesn't match the photos the seller put on the listing. The seller's shoes are brown while the shoes I received are gray of which I attach photos. Moreover, after contacting the seller, instead of apologizing, he also called me an idiot and a scammer, receiving only insults. He also told me that he will have the review removed because he knows Ebay and because I threatened him and this is not true. This is unacceptable. Such a thing has never happened.

Nothing against eBay rules there I think.    @69jays 

Message 4 of 7
See Most Recent

Breach of my privacy!

Thank you

The point of the matter here is you can clearly see in the pics that the trainers are grey! In my heading and description they are described as grey! Not Brown, Grey.  I can't help that person thought they were brown in the pictures! Why should I refund and put myself out of pocket! 

He threw the first stone by saying I was colour blind and I needed to go to the opticians or drs! So how is that fair! He didn't like it when I abused him and put him away thou starting crying! 

So As eBay won't remove the feedback This will be my last thing I sell on here anyway, after 22 years I'm going to shut down my account, too much hassle dealing! If it was me that brought trainers that were a different colour than I'd thought I would accept my mistake and relist them! So let eBay keep sticking up for these type of buyers and they won't have any genuine customers like myself and it will be like a lottery buying on there. 

So goodbye eBay! Won't be getting a penny out of me from now on! 

So tell me one thing is it acceptable to say to someone in this day and age are you colour blind you need to go to an opticians or drs🤷🏻‍♂️ and still get away with leaving bad feedback! Amazes me as you can't say anything nowadays without offending someone! 🤣

Message 5 of 7
See Most Recent

Breach of my privacy!

The point of the matter is eBay should have a legal team that should be able to determine if it is legal or illegal but I genuinely don't think they care! 

Message 6 of 7
See Most Recent

Breach of my privacy!

I agree the shoes look grey as described in the photos but if a buyer says Not as described then you have to deal with it. We all get something like this sometimes in our selling on ebay.

It is not acceptable for him to say you are colour blind but then it also is not aceptable for you to call him an idiot or a scammer.  

I would think it is not legal or illegal as legality has nothing to do with it. Both of you were rude to each other that is what is not acceptable.

We are just ordinary members trying to help.
Message 7 of 7
See Most Recent