Bank verification

Can someone enlighten me as to why Ebay are requesting bank verification. I changed the account I use with them some while ago and payments have been made to that account. When I looked this evening to see how a couple of items where doing I have a big red notice on screen asking for verification. I checked my bank account, found what I thought were the micro payments they referred to. I filled in the two boxes and then recived a message saying they were incorrect. I have one attempt left. What happens when I have none, how will I get payed for a couple of sold items. 

When I registered with Ebay 21 years ago they were a great example of modern software and efficiency. Today I'm unable to keep up with them and they have become an utter shamples, virtually impossible to deal with.

If any one can offer me advice on this bank verification saga I would be obliged.

Message 1 of 2
See Most Recent
1 REPLY 1

Bank verification

If the third attempt fails you'll have to contact eBay Customer Services to send 2 more.

The verification is required,  as some sellers have selected to use a different bank account for the purpose of Managed Paymets,  to receive payouts from sales,  so eBay do need to be 100% sure they have the correct bank account to send your payouts to.

If you need to,  to Contact Customer Services it's a Live Chat, or you can select to speak and request a Call Back. Click on this link:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/eua?id=5275&mkevt=1&mkpid

On the left sidebar you can see Have us Call you or Chat with Our Automated Assistant.

On weekdays lines open between 8 a.m. and 10 .m.

On weekends they open between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m.

Message 2 of 2
See Most Recent