Restricted account - unsolvable?

My wifes employer has a company account which they have had a dispute on for some time. They have abandoned the account and any notion of selling on ebay.

Somehow my personal account and my wifes personal account have been restricted as they are 'associated' with the employers restricted account. I assume she logged onto ebay at work and the IP address of her employer has become associated with our accounts.

I emailed ebay sometime ago and got a very simple replying telling me there is nothing I can do.

I requested a call back and was told by a phone agent "this is an indefinite restriction and there are no appeals"

Is there no way to solve this unless I approach my wifes employer and offer to pay the disputed fee myself?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

red_magpie
Experienced Mentor

"this is an indefinite restriction and there are no appeals"

I'm afraid that this says it all.

If your wife's employer has simply not paid their fees, paying them might help. However, indefinite restrictions usually follow something more serious than unpaid fees, probably a failure to  comply with eBay's seller performance standards. If so, their account restriction will never be lifted, and neither will your personal accounts.

Phoning customer support will be pointless. You could try a personal letter to eBay at their address in the user agreement, but my guess is that it will achieve nothing.

It's too late for you, but for other members the lesson is never, ever log on to eBay from work, or using another member's connected device, or allow them to log on using yours. We hear of so many cases where members have been banned for life because of association with family members, or even friends of family members.

tobiasd4
Experienced Mentor

Sorry, ebay often do this.

Unless your wife's employer sorts their account, there is no hope for you.

You are correct, logging on from work will associate both accounts.

Ask a question