Inferior support

I would like to complain about low level of support skills.

I posted an item and it did not appear in searches and not if I click "Items for sale". I asked chat to help, discussed it for ½h, decided to wait 24h to see if indexing is slow.

After 24h cointacted chat again, after ½h still no useful help, they claimed it works, I say it does not.

Then I got a hunch: There were a lot of weird settings regarding shipping. Maybe I missed something. Since I already created rate tables and ticked "Use my rate tables" both for domestic and international (covering EU) it seemed redundant to do more. In addition I had specified "excluded locations" (being all but EU) and also "Offer another service" covering EU. But now I tried to not leave "Post to" blank but to choose "custom location - EU", as well as not leave "Services" blank but choose something that is vaguely appropriate and also specify price (even though price and destinations and shipping types are already in the rate tables). After I pressed "Revise listing..." it all worked fine.

So ther are 2 conclusions for me:

1. The settings for shipping are almost impossible to understand, one will have to guess and hope.

2. The support team should be sent to a course on the settings for shipping. They did nothing but waste my time. Even as I fixed the problem while waiting for the chatter and told him that I now fixed it and how, he STILL did not undestand. Sigh.

This community page is the only plave I can see to forward my experience. I think it is important this becomes known. I am selling a few items now as test and plan to increase my business significantly in a few years and I was already well on my way to give up on eBay and look for aternatives. 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)

Ask a question