Fault developed on washing machine within warranty

Bought 8 months ago, a twin tub machine used for Caravans etc. It's all I could afford as on pension & cost £140

It has developed a fault with the pump in that it has stopped pumping water out. Company states common problem with these notoriously getting items stuck inside?

ive explained I have disabilities & am unable to complete their request to take the back off the machine and remove the pump. Fish out obstruction & put it all back together.

So their advice is send it back. It weighs 20kg & is 76x46x86cm. 

ive expressed my disappointment regarding them ignoring my disabilities, and needing them to be more understanding, but it's fallen on deaf ears. 

They refuse to pay return postage & expect me to pay £60 plus for return. I don't have that kind of money...period. 

What can I do please?

View Entire Topic

As @ruby*tuesday says this is a matter between you and the seller and - as you are finding - guarantees are difficult [in practical terms] to enforce. 

The following advice is way outside the realms of eBay and I accept that you - for the reasons you state - cannot physically deal with what sounds like a simple "fix".  Are there any trusted organisations locally who would help.  "Rotary" in some places has a "Give an hour" scheme where someone will visit and do relatively simple jobs.  Age Concern and the like may have trusted "handy people".  Even if they cannot fix it you will be in no worse situation. 

@sparklesbrightly