Buyer said they haven't received item

This is the first time it as happened to me I posted a item on 29th August. The guy said he hasn't received the item still. I've got proof of posting and I posted this item 2nd class. I went to the post office yesterday to see if it's been posted the lady said you can track it on the royal mail website using your reference number on my proof of posting..ive tried this but it keeps telling me "this isn't a track service and cannot provide details" could someone tell me what to do now please? Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Royal Mail do unfortunately lose some items,  that is why they have a compensation procedure in place.

Poting on the 29th of August,  it is safe to say the item has been mislaid, hopefully your buyer has checked their sorting office.?  Ask them to open a case for item not received in the Resolution Centre,  link at bottom of most pages.  Enter that 16 digit number into the case.  If it showed delivery,  you will not have to refund.

That 16 digit number if you go onRM website will not show tracking information,  but will show if an item has been delivered, or not.

If it does not,  you will have to fully refund , through the case details,  and within 8 days,  before the buyer can escalate to eBay,  that way no defect for you.

Then,  use your proof of posting to claim from Royal Mail,  for a lost item,  up to the value of £20.  

Answers (0)

Ask a question