Bought an item that I was thinking was something else with seller knowingly misleading

I bought a 1st generation camera model thinking it was the 3rd generation.

First of all, it was my own mistake -- the seller didn't try to pass it for what it wasn't (not explicitly even though that clearly was his intention) but then the company producing it has a confusing naming policy for their models, and also I found it while searching for the correct model, it just popped up in results.

I realized my mistake straight after I paid and did some further research -- in fact I emailed seller within minutes to cancel my purchase, and emailed him later next day but he chose to ignore my request and sent it anyway, only replying after already posting the item where he admitted he also bought it in mistake and suggested I sell it on in a same manner which is unacceptable for me.

I would be fine with this if the item was already posted before I realized my mistake but I did let him know straight away and yet instead of trying to come to come kind of arrangement with me, he chose to ignore it.

There are few others deceptive details about the way seller's business was conducted, but everything done so cleverly I cannot really claim item wasn't "as described".

What are my options here? Is there really nothing I can do?

EDIT: Yes, he is a private seller and he did receive the messages, he admitted himself answering in cancellation request that he did but chose to not cancel. And when I say he was misleading, I mean his intentions which he also admitted to in a message but then the description is fine, except for a smart detail, it contained word "Mini" which could have implied different model but it was used in a manner as to describe form factor.

I just don't think this is the way business should be conducted on eBay. Am I in right to leave negative feedback at least?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)

Ask a question