Updates to how you manage post-sale issues

katie@ebay
Employee (Retired)

Dear Business Sellers,

This spring, we’re introducing a range of updates, enhanced ways to help you list using market insights, new tools to promote and create offers and a better post-sales experience for sellers and buyers in 2021.

Updates to how you manage post-sale issues:

From late-April 2021, we’ll begin introducing an improved way to manage post-sale requests and cases. Soon you’ll be able to handle all post-sales issues from one centralised and easy-to-manage location in Seller Hub.

Find out more

Please refer to the link above to view further information on this topic. By doing this, many questions can often be clarified in advance.

We would also like to ask you to stay on the topic with the discussion, as we will remove deviating contributions - according to our community guidelines.

Kind Regards,

Katie

Did you find your solution? Help other members by marking your problem as solved. Simply click on "Accept as solution" for the answer that helped you.
eBay
Message 1 of 4
See Most Recent
3 REPLIES 3

The one area which I feel is totally unjust towards the seller is the automated returns. I feel that this should have a seller objection input before allowing a customer to send a return free just becuase they have minipulated the returns system to enable them to send in a free return at the sellers expense. Example - Buyer claims not fit for purpose and claims a free postage label which I am charged for just because they ordred two by mistake and want to send one back. In this case the label cost to me was more than the product cost and although ebay will refund you if you go through to support, for cases were the buyer as deliberately minipulated the returns system just to get a free postage label, I can ill afford wasting 20-30 minutes going through the full details to CS just for a £2-3 refund. Not only is it not worth the time and effort it is morally wrong to allow automated returns without the selling being able to object to false claims, from customers who use it just to get free posatge.

Message 2 of 4
See Most Recent

Returns are still a massive issue and time consuming on ebay compeared to my own website and Amazon. Works fine if buyer selects the right reason and buyer and seller agree. But when things go wrong or buyers select not as descriebed to get a free return. Sellers are left with the hassel and risks. ebay need to creat a system where they are not as invoived. The more ebay get involved the more go wrong and the more time it takes sellers to sort things out. 

Takes me about less that two mintues to sort a return out on Amazon if I have done something wrong from accepting it to providing a pre paid label comes back and issue refund or deduct anything if needed. 

Less on ebay as click a button on ebay and label is provided unless I want to use my own. 

If buyer has selected the wrong reason like not as descriebed to get a free return, seller has to take all the risk with the postage if item is lost or damaged coming back as ebay don't display any policy on who is responsible or what is covered with terms and conditions. If low value ebay likely to pay out, if high value not ebay's fault and say it's part of running a business. Never know if you get your return postage back when you try and claim it back as it is never accounted for to that sepcific transaction. Have to waste time jumping through hoops to get postage credits back when should not be be paying them in the first place. 

Message 3 of 4
See Most Recent

Despite years of a policy which is at best a sham tax.  There is still no news of the constant neglect eBay wilfully commits with Service Metrics.  eBay's copy and paste response - 'We don't inspect the returns so we cannot make a decision......'  If that is the case then how can eBay justify the stealth tax and increase in final value fees caused when a customer opens a return case despite the item being correctly described.  It is a complete and utter sham.  We load tracking on the item not received cases, so how then can eBay claim we don't deliver items on time?  Because eBay doesn't take any care or attention in reviewing these and seeing the items have been sent, with online tracking sent immediately and signed for.  All of which results in eBay claiming honest sellers are failing when viewed against peers.  It is complete nonsense and wilful neglect to claim extra fees which eBay puts no effort into ever getting resolved.  As other sellers have said, we have to jump through hoops to claim postage credits, with no transparency for users abusing the system.  For returns which never come back or where the item is as described, we should not be punished with final value fee increases.  When will eBay realise that sellers are customers as well?

Message 4 of 4
See Most Recent