Have a good natter thread

Here we can talk about anything and everything:^O Photobucket
Photobucket
Message 1 of 11,615
See Most Recent
11,614 REPLIES 11,614

3-cat-bat

Doesn't seem to be a good reason that I can see ~ not in a threatened zone, probably less ice than a lot of places Jeffrey ~ and not even a wind hazard..! 

You'd assume that a lot of people with kids would have problems getting someone to watch over their London School kids, so unexpectedly, at such short notice..!?

Maybe the power that be want to have a long weekend off, ski-ing somewhere pleasant..?

Who knows...

I live up a hill in the middle of nowhere, in s.w.Scotland, some snow on top of very bad ice, we're currently -6C and that's not taking into account the wind chill factor, and it's set to get worse.  The s/s.e.wind's in excess of 30mph with vicious gusts of considerably more than that.  Enough to make the roof tiles rattle very badly (that takes a LOT..!).  

I doubt our kids are getting off of school tomorrow,   Haven't looked to be honest.  It didn't cross my mind.  We're just 'near' a Yellow Weather Warning area, not in it. 

No-one can make you feel inferior, without your consent.
Message 11121 of 11,615
See Most Recent

fairyfoot

Ooo, the cough drops you got me Cat seem bettererer than my doctor gave to me, I will try them..

See you all tomorrow COUGH, I will try and get some COUGH sleep.:-(

Night Night..xx :-x

Message 11122 of 11,615
See Most Recent

3-cat-bat

Sleep well Fairy :-x  and keep taking the tablets (and cough drops..!  😉  ) and I hope you start to feel you're on the mend in a few days..! 

What am I like Jeff ..?  I thought yesterday was Thursday.  By the time I finally get out of the house with this awful weather forecast to go on possibly for weeks, I'll have raging "cabin fever".   :_|  

Message 11123 of 11,615
See Most Recent

snow here not too bad, it was worse last year,  bristol,cardiff seems to be worse than swansea, grandchildren have had a fabulous time

Message 11124 of 11,615
See Most Recent

fairyfoot

Hello Jeffery, Cat, and Mally 😄

My cough is easing a bit more now, still got a sore froat though. 😮

It certainly is on the big freeze over my side of the hill, so dangerous underfoot.

All local children loving to play out though, many on the field at the back of me with their sledges on the slopes, and many snowmen have appeared.

Keep warm everyone, no going out if you don't need to.:-x

Message 11125 of 11,615
See Most Recent

glad to hear your sore throat is better  can start talking again

Message 11126 of 11,615
See Most Recent

fairyfoot

Fankoo Jeffery, yep, I can start talking, and singing too..............um, Jeffery, where are you going?.:^O

Message 11127 of 11,615
See Most Recent

3-cat-bat

Hi Fairy :-x

Glad that the cough is easing off (I'm a poet and didn't know if..!)

Hopefully your throat will get a rest now that the cough isn't tearing at it,  Sounds like the doc's meds are working well.  😄  Shame about the throat sweets not working (yet!), lol

Certainly sounds as though you've had more than a fair share of snow ~ and that ice ~ Argggghhhhh..!  We just have the ice, and it's so cold the flaming stuff won't melt.  At least the wickedly cold and biting east wind has clamed down a good bit tonight.  Phew. 

Hope to see you around soon..!   xx

Message 11128 of 11,615
See Most Recent

http://youtube.googleapis.com/v/3x6MJcvqcT4%26rel=0%26hl=en_US%26feature=player_embedded

have a laugh on me

Message 11129 of 11,615
See Most Recent

:^O

Message 11130 of 11,615
See Most Recent

3-cat-bat

Good one Jeffrey..!  :^O

It's our turn to have 'too much snow' ~ it's not good, the depth it's gone to now, and the driving, bitter east wind is back full force.  This could be it for weeks now.  (Weeps quietly into fast cooling bowl of porridge 😞  ).

Message 11131 of 11,615
See Most Recent

snow almost gone here, being on the coast we missed much of it, but still very cold, cold wind at present,

Message 11132 of 11,615
See Most Recent

fairyfoot

Good laugh there Jeffery :^O

Such a shame you have so much snow there Cat, so hope it warms up soon and goes.:-D

Then your porridge will stay warmerer. 😄

All the snow has gone now on the main roads, town, and paths there, but still a lot here locally in Lancashire Mally, so cold though.:-(

Keep as warm as can be. 😄

Message 11133 of 11,615
See Most Recent

have a song on me

http://youtu.be/v-rDRa-5h4s

Message 11134 of 11,615
See Most Recent

fairyfoot

Beautiful 

Message 11135 of 11,615
See Most Recent

3-cat-bat

Cooooeeeeee Fairy..!  :-x   Has the dreaded lurgy got hold of you in its flu-like jaws..?!?  :_|   I do hope not as it's totally miserable.  😞

Hope to see you up and around soon... xx 

Message 11136 of 11,615
See Most Recent

fairyfoot2

:-x Phew, I fought the dreaded lurgy off, I booshed and bashed it up. :^O xx

Message 11137 of 11,615
See Most Recent

3-cat-bat

That's what I like to hear..!  :-x   So glad you got the better of it..!  😄

Good to see you back...  😉  xx

Message 11138 of 11,615
See Most Recent

fairyfoot2

Thank you Cat xx :-x

Hope all the bad weather has eased now there for you,:-D the snow has finally gone over my side, whooopeeee,:-D nice to see the paths and the green grass.:-D

Message 11139 of 11,615
See Most Recent

3-cat-bat

Hi Fairy..!  :-x

Weather is bad ~ screaming gales and lashing rain ~ apart from that, it is, of course, FINE..!  :^O 

Woke with a migraine, so it'll be a long day..!  :_|   Will keep taking the tablets.. 😉  xx

Message 11140 of 11,615
See Most Recent