yet another night

in here trying desparately to distract myself from pulling my skin off due to rediculous itching! every blooming night is the same thing, im fine until the end of the news at 10 pm and then it starts! i dont know why i bother trying to go to bed, its been years since i have shared a bed with my other half due to this, so i spend my nights til i fall asleep exhausted and red raw and possibly bits of me bleeding falling alseep on the sofa, the cold seems to help a bit, there is no reason, no signs of what is causing this

anyone else have this problem?

Message 1 of 17
See Most Recent
16 REPLIES 16

yet another night

I feel heartily sorry for you.  I have mild eczema which I don't have all the time so I can and do understand about the itching.  Could it be eczema do you think?  We have found that we have mild itching with the fabric conditioner we used to get.  Now we use a different one and the itching is a lot better. 

Why don't you see your GP and see what they suggest?

Message 2 of 17
See Most Recent

yet another night

no its not excema, i already have that, this is totally different and yes i have seen the doc, and they just cant find anything wrong, plainly as there is nothing to see, it varies from pin pricking to feeling like i have spiders running across me, but there is no rash other than the marks i leave when scratching

Message 3 of 17
See Most Recent

yet another night

So many things it could be. Hives? Cellulitis? A side effect of any medication you might be taking?

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 4 of 17
See Most Recent

yet another night

Have you tried removing wheat from your diet?

Also anxiety can cause these symptoms...return to doctor, & discuss again.

Good Luck Woman Happy

********************************************************************************
Be not inhospitable to strangers, lest they be Angels in disguise.

Message 5 of 17
See Most Recent

yet another night

no its niether of these and i dont take any medicine at all.

Message 6 of 17
See Most Recent

yet another night

Have you tried Lanacaine

It is officially used for female itching so is mild, but it does work.

Photobucket
Message 7 of 17
See Most Recent

yet another night

@6969antony wrote:

in here trying desparately to distract myself from pulling my skin off due to rediculous itching! every blooming night is the same thing, im fine until the end of the news at 10 pm and then it starts! i dont know why i bother trying to go to bed, its been years since i have shared a bed with my other half due to this, so i spend my nights til i fall asleep exhausted and red raw and possibly bits of me bleeding falling alseep on the sofa, the cold seems to help a bit, there is no reason, no signs of what is causing this

anyone else have this problem?

You have my sympathy Op, mine is a hormonal inbalance, although I don't suffer nearly is bad as you but it is very frustrating.

It is possible your's is the same hormonal or chemical inbalances.

Have you heard of "Forever living" products?  Look at aloe vera products, external gels and creams and diet supplements, they could help immensely.

Message 8 of 17
See Most Recent

yet another night

Hope that you find out what the problem is soon.

Message 9 of 17
See Most Recent

yet another night

Has your doctor thought of trying Chlorphenamine?

Live long and prosper.

Message 10 of 17
See Most Recent

yet another night

I have acute psoriasis and symptoms sound similar I am perscribed

chlorphenimine and a strong steroid and anti-inflammitory cream

“I don't trust anyone who doesn't laugh.”
Message 11 of 17
See Most Recent

yet another night

i dont have any signs of that looking at my skin, looks all normal, its just the itching and pin pricking drive me nuts. i think i got about 3 hrs sleep eventuyally last night

Message 12 of 17
See Most Recent

yet another night

Get your doctor to check you out with Chlorphenamine. No harm in asking and he should tell you all about it.

Live long and prosper.

Message 13 of 17
See Most Recent

yet another night

@stan3502 wrote:

I have acute psoriasis and symptoms sound similar I am perscribed

chlorphenimine and a strong steroid and anti-inflammitory cream

Aloe vera is really good for psoriasis.

Message 14 of 17
See Most Recent

yet another night

chlorphenimine is just piriton, it is something i cannot take, it will create further problems for me in another area

Message 15 of 17
See Most Recent

yet another night

I think Piriton contains Chlorophenamine.

Live long and prosper.

Message 16 of 17
See Most Recent

yet another night

yes its still just piriton

Message 17 of 17
See Most Recent