xmas then and now

what was the best gift you ever had?

mine was Operation (only mum forgot to get the batteries and no-where was open then) so the anticipation of playing it lasted for days.

another was a bike.......... my uncle came into the backyard with it.....(it was second hand and all scrappy) but it was a jewel in my eyes.......... that image is forever etched in my mind.

Message 1 of 24
See Most Recent
23 REPLIES 23

xmas then and now

I see, has that pub gone now?

Went in The Crown a few times but beer was cheaper on campus so didn't visit many pubs.

Message 21 of 24
See Most Recent

xmas then and now

Yes it's under the M25 I expect! lol It was on the Runnymead roundabout. I loved living there athough it had a ghost.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I am made entirely of flaws stitched together with good intentions"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 22 of 24
See Most Recent

xmas then and now

ooooh a ghost Maggie, what kind? tell me about it, I'd love to know...

Photobucket

Message 23 of 24
See Most Recent

xmas then and now

My best gift was a chipped ornament my three year old son bought for five pence when my parents took him to a jumble sale. He proudly presented it to me on Christmas morning, wrapped in newspaper. I still have it in my display cabinet forty one years later.
..........................................................................................................

crooksnanny ~ maz
Message 24 of 24
See Most Recent