"Just a couple of security questions, here..."

VERY EASY TO GET CAUGHT OUT, SO BE WARNED...

My wife picked up the phone halfway through the afternoon.  It was someone wishing to speak to me.

"Good afternoon, Sir. Is that Mr. -----------?"  In a very clear, professional voice.

"It is."

"Thank you, Sir.  This is ------ Finance Company.  I would like to talk to you concerning the balance of your account, but first of all a couple of security questions.  Can you please confirm your full name and date of birth, followed by your sixteen digit card number plus the three digit number on the rev..."

"No."

"What?"

"For those precise reasons, we do not give out security information over the phone.  If you wish to communicate with me you do so by lette...."  It was followed by a loud click as the receiver was slammed down on me.

Close - very VERY  close.  A quick phone call through to the regional head offfice confirmed:

"We never, ever contact our clients or ask for security data over the phone."

For God's sake be warned.  Human nature is "God, we're behind with the payments - they're chasing us for money."  Buy a shredder - and use it!

Message 1 of 3
See Most Recent
2 REPLIES 2

Thanks Frederick, we all know it happens but still some are still caught out in an unguarded moment & we may all say it won't be me, but very often it is!.

**********Sam**********
Message 2 of 3
See Most Recent

The amazing thing is, I'm so careful - I shred EVERYTHING,  They do chase us for money - by letter.

Message 3 of 3
See Most Recent